Many people do ask “I am not rich nor do I have much time to spare, so how can I help UKIP?”
In fact you don’t need to be a millionaire or be someone with stacks of spare time on their hands in order to help UKIP in its quest to regain independence for the UK and its people.
There are many ways in which people can make a difference just by a lot of people doing a little bit each.
The first is of course money in the form party membership and donations:
- Become a member of UKIP: at just £30 a year (at the time of writing) this shows your support as well as adding a little to the party’s war-chest.
- Donations: You can donate as little or as much as you like, it doesn’t have to be thousands of pounds. Every single pound counts.
The second way you can help is by giving some of your time:
- Deliveries: the simplest way to help is by agreeing to hand deliver 100-150 leaflets in your surrounding street(s) maybe twice a year and twice in election periods. Depending on the area this would take about one to two hours for each delivery. That doesn’t sound too hard does it?
- Canvassing: this can be nothing more than talking to people to find like-minded souls who will help UKIP going forward. You don’t need to be pushy or salesy and you just might be pleasantly surprised at how many of those that you do talk to agree with UKIP’s policies. For the more adventurous there is always door-knocking, which has proved to be extremely effective (see this story).
- Stand for election: Another way to give time is to agree to stand as a local councillor or even for MP / MEP: there are many forms that this can take and will differ from area to area. The big point here is that the more people who agree to stand the more UKIP politicians we will have and that will push the message more and the public will realise that UKIP is a real and growing political force.
The third way to help is by other forms of assistance that cost nothing but a few minutes of your time such as:
- Putting UKIP banners in your house and car windows.
- Have a UKIP placard outside your house.
- Signing our candidates’ nomination papers so they can stand for election.
So there you have it, with a lot of people all doing just a little bit as outlined above everything is possible.
To offer your services to help with any aspect of the above please E-Mail Steve (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your name, address, postcode and the best telephone number to reach you on. And if you don’t live in North Dorset we can definitely point you in the right direction.