Ten Good Reasons to Leave the EU

Why you should VOTE to Leave the EU!

Here are the common sense financial and political reasons for you to vote ‘To Leave the EU‘ in the upcoming referendum.

Vote to Leave the EU - UK Cuff Links
image-281

  • British Laws for British People.  Those who make our laws should be those elected by the people they represent – and not unelected EU Commissioners and bureaucrats.
  • The EU pushes up your fuel bills with the most expensive energy policy in the world, pushes up food bills with its Common Agricultural Policy, increases the cost of goods with rules restricting us from buying products from outside the EU, plus extra EU costs adds to your taxes.
  • The EU membership fee alone costs the UK over £55 million per day. By leaving the EU we will save at least £9.7bn pa in net contributions.
  • Australian-style ‘points based’ immigration system: firmer than EU open border uncontrolled mass EU immigration and fairer to Commonwealth and non-EU potential migrants.
  • The UK is the biggest export market in the world for both Germany as well as the EU overall.  We are their biggest customer – we can and will get a better deal outside the EU.
  • The EU has 8% of the world’s population and is in economic decline.  There is vast growth in parts of the other 92% and the UK’s best future is out of the EU and into the world.
  • Britain is the fifth biggest economy in the world, has the biggest financial centre in the world and is one of the world’s most globalised economies.  We can flourish as an independent nation, trading with our allies in Europe and also with the Commonwealth as well as the rest of the world.
  • The EU has destroyed the right of national governments to levy taxes where income is earned.  Large corporations with vast operations making billions of pounds in the UK can pay little or no tax by electing to move their tax base to another country.
  • The EU is a construct of the 1950’s, but the world has moved on.  Why remain in a stagnant customs union of corporatism and protectionism, which is holding Britain back?
  • The EU is providing big corporations with a cheap, mobile, non-unionised labour force – turning human beings into commodities to be shunted around Europe while more and more local workers are being excluded from being able to provide for their families.

Ten More Good Reasons to Vote to Leave the EU

  • By leaving the EU, the UK will exit the Common Fisheries Policy and reinstate British territorial waters. Norway and Iceland have chosen control of their fishing industry over EU membership as did Greenland who withdrew from the EU in 1985 following a referendum.
  • By leaving the EU the UK will leave the Common Agricultural Policy. We can then form our own agricultural policy in the interests of British taxpayers and consumers that is of improved benefit to UK farmers and British food security.
  • By leaving the EU, we would reoccupy the UK’s vacant seat at the World Trade Organization, and represent ourselves, negotiating our own trade agreements and advancing our own national interests.
  • It is in the UK’s interest to make the most of our unique links with the Commonwealth, with North America, Australasia, much of Africa, the Indian sub-continent and all the other countries where English is the first or second language, as well as with Europe and the EU itself.
  • EU regional funds use your money to actively encourage UK based manufacturing plants to move to areas in the EU customs union with the lowest wage levels – such as Peugeot closing its Ryton plant in Coventry and moving to Slovakia; and Ford transferring production in Southampton to a plant in Turkey.
  • The EU is a death-knell to the concept of good-quality, well-paid, highly skilled jobs in Britain. The EU is also responsible for wage compression in the unskilled and semi-skilled labour sectors.
  • The EU Arrest Warrant enables authorities to have individuals extradited from one member state to another, with varying judicial standards, without the need to provide evidence against the accused.
  • The EU has the power to enter a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) with the USA that threatens public sector services such as the NHS, and gives corporations the power to sue elected governments for policies that might affect future loss of private profit.
  • The EU produces too much red tape with legislation and regulations (e.g. 3,580 new EU laws between 2010-2013). Only by getting out can we remove those which hamper British prosperity and competitiveness.
  • The EU is becoming a United States of Europe, a political union with its own flag, national anthem, president, parliament, currency, central bank, a vast civil service, law-making powers, and fledgling military and police forces.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments

comments